Sunday 23 June 2013

Life is a Cabaret

What good is sitting alone in your room?
Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret.

Put down the knitting,
The book and the broom.
Time for a holiday.
Life is Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret.

I have been inspired to start a blog mainly by +Jamina Ward's very good blog

http://ginglelistseverything.blogspot.co.uk/

Also partly because as i am getting out and about a bit more I would to like to share my various adventures and hopefully inspire some people to have there own and also because this time next year unless i write everything down I probably wont be able to remember half of it.

First of all a swift plug for the website that made it all possible Meetup.com . Now x changed your life is a bit of a cliche but a cliche is  a cliche for a good reason.

You have facebook which can be about watching people you use to know doing things 100 of miles away and you have meet up which is you getting out meeting new people having fun times and making some new friends along the way .

http://www.meetup.com/

Now for lots of you who went to university you'll probably find yourselves in a similar situation maybe not as bad as me but something similar.

At university  , I did lots of things  through the union, was part of a sports team , had flatmates, course mates etc. In short lots of people with the time money and inclination to go out and do stuff together and a wonderful city of Sheffield to do it in

Now when i came home , all my old friends had moved on , the range of organised social activities for my age range was small  and having been very badly mugged just before leaving Sheffield  I was reluctant to go out after dark. I imagine there are people to a greater or lesser degree are leaving big city universities
 coming home and experiencing culture shock as the range of activities open to them  dwindles considerably .
Also as people get older and there friends start pairing off and having dinner parties rather than crazy nights out the remaining singletons opportunity to go out diminish. There might be hundreds of fun things to do but alot of them are no fun to do on your own.

Meetup is basically a way to get you together with other people with similar interests to get out there and do stuff. Since joining I haven't looked back, I've seen more of London than I'd ever thought i would and met some lovely people, made some great new friends and had some brilliant nights out. I will definitely run out of money sooner than i run out of things to do.

So remember

What good is sitting alone in your room?
Come hear the music play.
Life is a Cabaret, old chum,
Come to the Cabaret.

So everyone sign up , join up ,get out there and have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment